- Our Company
- Industries Served
Value Your Boss Will Care About
THE SOURCE CODE BLOG
Crushed EPDM Foam
What Is It:
A special bun material which is neither 100% closed nor 100% open. By passing through rollers a number of times at pressure, you produce a bun with the following superb properties:
- Low Compression Deflection like Open Cell Foam
- Compression Set like Open Cell Foam
- Water Sealing Ability nearing Closed Cell Foam
Why It’s Special:
Because the foam is press molded, a significant gain in performance and cell-structure consistency is generated compared to competitors who supply similar material in roll form.
What Does It Mean For You:
- A gap currently exists in the North American market for these higher performing, low cost bun-based materials.
- Automotive OEMs such as GM are introducing standards which evaluate different foams based on their ability to hold a water seal at varying deflections.
Applications For Crushed EPDM Include:
- Sound Absorbing
- Softness Control
- Heat Resistance
Speak to one of your Technical Experts!